In the book Sold by Patricia McCormick is about this girl who lives in poor country & doesn't have money.The she gets Sold but she thinks she's going to be a maid for a rich lady. And she's not she's actually being Sold to prostitution and between all of this there's a issue of pressure involved & weather doing something that you don't want to do but you do it because you have to. Or just being forced in general. But why? Why should someone should be forced to do something that they don't want to do ? Yes she doesn't have money but still a girl shouldn't even have to be put through this missary.
Laksmi is forced in many ways for example even when she told her auntie that she didn't want to do thisshe forced her & tricked her by making her drink something & druging her for Lakshmi could have sexual intercurse with these discusting men. When she finally she woke up all she saw was this man on top of her. And even though she tried her hardest to stop the man he didn't stop. I also feel like she's being tricked and lied to which I really don't like because I hate when people do this to me just to getme to do something. For example she always asks her uncle when is her auntie gonna see her again or when is she going to go see Lakshmi. And her uncle lies to her everytime she asks. Why must he do that? I feel like its unfair to Lakshmi because before she was taken to be a prostitute like that she knew what was going to happen. I know he probably wounldn't tell her when he first ment her but when he seen that they were getting to that place he should've started explaining things to her.
I connect to this because I hate when people trick me or force me to do something. Or lie to me & I dont think its fair to her. Im sure that every teenager can relate to this problem. When your parents lie to you just to get you to do something. It gets me so angry because us kidsshould know the truth and we'regoing to findit out anyways. But I think its expecially unfair for Lakshmi because they should've told her what she was really going to do & experince. So once again why should parents/guardiens lie? The think they'reprotecting us but they're really not.
I totally agree with you Lakshmi shouldn't be forced to something they don't want to do.Also i agree when we should be told the truth our parents shouldn't lie to us to "protect" us.I like how you connected the situation to your self!love your post keep it up! :D
ReplyDelete