Sunday, November 4, 2012

Trust Issuses


I recently finished reading the book Sold by Patricia McCormick; A book about a young girl a named Lakshmi from Nepal, who goes through a lot of internal changes when she is sold to a brothel. One of her biggest changes is how she can trust the people in her life. She’s trusted so many people and then they’ve all betrayed her, like her step-father, auntie, uncle husband, and Mumtaz.

In the begging Lakshmi thought she was being "taken" to the city to work. She sees her step-father being paid... But she doesn't catch on. Then shes in Aunties hands. I think Lakshmi kinda looked up to Auntie because she obeyed her and when she is left with uncle husband she is left alone once again. And the again she is dropped off at Mumtaz's house of happiness.

I think all these changes of people made Lakshmi not trust the american. I felt really mad at Lakshmi on page 263 Lakshmi says "I hear more cursing and the scuffle of feet. He is leaving. My American is leaving...." Nooo Lakshmi goo!! This is for real! And then she goes! Yay. I kinda dont like the endin of the book though, because it just hangs there... Like ohkay... What happens next...

No comments:

Post a Comment